The Online Trust Alliance Email Integrity Audit report is a companion to the 2014 Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll report released in June 2014. This Audit provides an in depth review of email security best practices, focusing on the best practices necessary to help detect and block spoofed and forged email. The Audit tracked the adoption of three critical email authentication standards; Sender Policy Framework (SPF), DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) and Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC).
Out of 800 top consumer websites evaluated, OTA found only 8.3% passed and thus 91.7% failed.
Passing Scores By Segment
- 28% of the top 50 social media companies
- 17% of the top 100 financial services companies
- 14% of the top 100 Internet retail companies
- 6% of the top 50 news companies
- 6% of the top 500 Internet retailers
- 4% of the top 50 U.S. government agencies