What is DMARC?
- A multi-stakeholder effort to help provide domain owners enhanced brand security & integrity of the email channel.
- Builds on lessons learned and the needs of brand owners and receiving networks.
- Helps to address key deployment issues for of SPF and DKIM
- Response to the need for a scalable and effective policy mechanisms
- Helps to combat phishing by tying visible Mail User Agent (MUA) “from” to DKIM or SPF authenticated domain
Domain Owners & Email Senders Benefits
- Enhanced brand protection
- Ability to communicate to receiving networks and ISPs what to do with illegitimate email
- Feedback loop to improve and monitor their authentication infrastructure
- Visibility on both the abuse of their domain and to optimize authentication across all domains and subdomains
Receiving Networks & ISPs Benefits
- Clarity for handling of un-authenticated & failing email
- A uniform and scalable way to determine email legitimacy
- Freedom to act on email with confidence – no more guessing
- Scalable methods to provide feedback to Domain Owners
End User Benefits:
- Greater confidence of the email channel
- Significant reduction in risk of phishing from DMARC domains
OTA Query Tool for SPF & DMARC Records - Test DNS for valid records
DMARC & TLS (Agari)
DMARC Record Generator (Agari)
ValiMail Record Tester (SPF & DMARC)